Edyt is a National Science Foundation startup providing browser-based, collaborative authoring/reviewing software for enterprises. It’s similar to Google Docs adding a layer of semantic analysis including automatic validation, auto-completion, and cross-linking for particular subject domains, provides compound document support, comes integrated with popular case management systems, and can be extensively customized. Our current focus is helping government patent offices improve their examination process through the creation of TeamPatent, a customized version of Edyt.
The Natural Language Processing (NLP) technology which drives Edyt’s semantic analysis can easily support other subject areas. In the past Edyt has been embedded at the core of a journalism startup and demonstrated for use in electronic medical records. As our development bandwidth increases we will be engaging in other customer requested projects spanning construction management, medical regulatory filings, and insurance compliance. Please contact us for more information about how Edyt can transform your enterprise or facilitate the creation of a highly differentiated product.
Edyt seeks a Product Owner or VP Engineering with a strong bench from which to put together a kickass team. We also seek individual front-end, back-end, and full-stack web developers to contribute and grow with us. We’re willing to train and we have openings for recent graduates, senior devs, and everything in-between. Working well with others and enjoying software are key traits we care about.
We offer a collaborative environment with ample opportunities to integrate and extend open source, work with complex algorithmic and product concepts, and travel internationally. You’ll need to quickly learn our technologies and become an individual contributor who mentors others. Expect to argue over the merits of various approaches at both technical and product levels.
We’re located in Alameda, a lovely island in the San Francisco Bay. Alameda is a 20 minute bus ride to downtown San Francisco and boasts tremendous walking neighborhoods (our office has “walk score” of 98!), providing a unique combination of small town atmosphere with metropolitan opportunities. We’re also 4 min from the longest sandy beach on the Bay, a kitesurfer destination.
Edyt holds the potential to be a career-making project with enormous intellectual scope and market potential. Please join us!
Web Developer Requirements
• Demonstrated commitment to web software
• Produce elegant, maintainable code
• Easy to get along with, fun, ethical, and low-maintenance
• Intensely driven, proactive, and hard-working
• Must live in or be willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay area (for extremely good fits, this may be waived)
Web Developer Desirables
• Experience with natural language processing
• Experience with databases in both design and access methodology
• Open-source contributions
• Dojo expertise
• Python expertise
• Experience with big data (esp. search)
• Experience planning network operations
• Growth-phase opportunity with competitive compensation including significant equity
• Technical leadership at an early stage startup aiming to shake up valuable markets
• Flexible work environment focused on productivity
To apply for this position please send your cover-letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please feel free to contact us using the information below or the form on the right. We’re always interested in hearing from people who want to further explore what we can offer and great minds to collaborate with as we grow and develop our products.